Saturday, January 14, 2012

Did It

I found this 100 Life Experiences on Heather's blog. I will indicate the things I've done in boldface, along with occasional commentary.

Started your own blog
Slept under the stars
- my dad had something against tents
Played in a band
Visited Hawaii
Watched a meteor shower
Given more than you can afford to charity

Been to Disneyland (and Disney World)
Climbed a mountain
Held a praying mantis
Sang a solo
Bungee jumped - you betcha! with my daredevil brother 
Visited Paris - replica in my hometown of Las Vegas
Watched a lightning storm at sea - on our honeymoon cruise
Taught yourself an art from scratch
Adopted a child
Had food poisoning
Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
Grown your own vegetables
Seen the Mona Lisa in France
Slept on an overnight train - in India - very vivid memories of this
Had a pillow fight
Hitchhiked
Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
- many times, which may explain my many firings
Built a snow fort
Held a lamb - no, but watching a baby goat birth oughtta count here
Gone skinny dipping - I got in a lot of trouble for that
Run a marathon
Ridden in a gondola in Venice - replica in my hometown of Las Vegas
Seen a total eclipse
Watched a sunrise or sunset

Hit a home run
Been on a cruise
Seen Niagara Falls in person
Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
- as well as their burial places
Seen an Amish community
- I have the magnet to prove it!
Taught yourself a new language
Had enough money to be truly satisfied
Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
Gone rock climbing
Seen Michelangelo’s David - replica in my hometown of Las Vegas
Sung karaoke
Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt - on two separate visits
Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
Visited Africa - I don't remember it, because it was in the throes of labor since my daughter insists she was born there
Walked on a beach by moonlight
Been transported in an ambulance
Had your portrait painted
Gone deep sea fishing
Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - replica in my hometown of Las Vegas
Gone SCUBA diving or snorkeling
Kissed in the rain
Played in the mud
Gone to a drive-in theater

Been in a movie
Visited the Great Wall of China
Started a business
Taken a martial arts class
Visited Russia
Served at a soup kitchen
Sold Girl Scout Cookies - but I have eaten my fair share
Gone whale watching

Got flowers for no reason
Donated blood, platelets or plasma
- read all about it here
Gone sky diving
Visited a Nazi concentration camp
Bounced a check
Flown in a helicopter - even helped pilot one
Saved a favorite childhood toy
Visited the Lincoln Memorial

Eaten caviar - my opinion: too salty
Pieced a quilt
Stood in Times Square - replica in my hometown of Las Vegas
Toured the Everglades
Been fired from a job - oh, many, many times
Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
Broken a bone - toes and leg-- one resulted in a plane ride, one in a '66 Mustang
Been on a speeding motorcycle
Seen the Grand Canyon in person
- many, many times - and one day, I'll hike it
Published a book
Visited the Vatican
Bought a brand new car
Walked in Jerusalem - there is no replica in my hometown of Las Vegas... wonder why?
Had your picture in the newspaper
Read the entire Bible
Visited the White House
Killed and prepared an animal for eating - a trout, specifically
Had chickenpox
Saved someone’s life
Sat on a jury
Met someone famous
Joined a book club
Lost a loved one
Had a baby
- four, in fact
Seen the Alamo in person
Swam in the Great Salt Lake
Been involved in a law suit
Owned a cell phone
Been stung by a bee
Read an entire book in one day


64/100 which is not bad considering I may only be about halfway through life on Earth. Sure helps that I live where I do, or else Venice, Paris, New York, and the statue of David would be out of reach.


I'm running low on blog topics, so if you need some elaboration on any of these, please ask.

6 comments:

Katie and Mark said...

What a fun list....and a fun life! All the Vegas ones crack me up. I would have highlighted "Ran a Marathon." A Half still has to count since it didn't say a "Full Marathon," right?!??

I had fun reading your list. I want to print it out, bring it on our next LONG run, and see how many miles we can run by the time we talk about everything on the list. I bet you we could run a full marathon with all the conversations that would spark from this amazing list! :)

Katie and Mark said...

I'd also like to hear more about your overnight train ride in India, broken bones, and bungee jumping. :)

Las Vegas Mama said...

wow very interesting!!

World Famous said...

It sounds interesting thanks for such a nice post.
Actual Exams

Wendys Hat said...

I love your list! Fun idea. I've done many of them too.

Laurel's Quill said...

I like your style! Not sure i can say i have done more of these than you, but its worth contemplating. I just got my blog going again and it is hard to keep being imaginative, isnt it? Have a great day! Laurel