Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What else besides a new home?

Honestly, I have had blinders on to life outside settling into a new house. But there ARE other things going on. Of course there are. Even more important things than touch-up paint and trying to get the pool chemicals just right.


My friend's husband is out of work.
My goddaughter will need a new liver very shortly.
My brother and sister-in-law just welcomed an exchange student from Thailand.
My friend's husband has been coming to church! Lord, please keep working in his heart.
The first day of homeschool is fast approaching.
Babies are expected, medical tests awaited, father grieved, ankle sprained, baby hoped for, new puppy just brought home, scorpion stung, two year-old barfing, soccer registration, moved to Texas, husband in Afghanistan, planning a conference, starting a business, sending off a Kindergartener...  And many of those happenings are from within the last 48 hours.

I think I'll put down the paint brush.
Watch my daughters run around in their psychedelic socks.
Crack a joke with my older son.
Squeeze my younger son and tell him one more time: "You're just so stinkin' cute I want to EAT you!!!"
Give my husband a hug.
And pray.

1 comment:

janelle said...

I miss you! I want to see your house! I am trying to imagine it. Glad it is going so great for you.