Monday, May 17, 2010

Home Again, Home Again

Today's Monday is cloudy and a bit full of housework. I've just returned from my second annual silent retreat at the Sacred Heart Retreat House with the Carmelite Sisters.

Imagine a weekend where everything from dinner to spiritual reflection is served to you. That's the experience.

Last year, one friend joined me - this year, five plus my mom. Really fun to have a whole group of us.

Father Bruce Nieli was the Retreat Master, and he was amazing as a speaker and a confessor. He's from Nashville and proclaimed we have a connection between our cities thanks to Elvis. Funny.

I really need to write more to capture all that the weekend was. Perhaps later, when the laundry is tamed and after I get the kids out of the house for a spell.

I had a marvelous weekend with Jesus. Yet it's still good to be home.
Post a Comment