Saturday, May 22, 2010

Longest Saturday Ever

Since my all-nighter nurse friend, Magan dubbed her recent race the "Sleep Deprivation 5K", I'm calling today's race the "Morning Sickness 5K". In reality, it was to benefit Ronald McDonald House. And yes, we warmed up with Ronald himself before the start, and high-fived him at the start and finish of the race.

I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've run two 5Ks in one month. Thank you to Kayli and Dawn for getting me out there today. Other than having to wake up at 5:00 a.m. and force-feed myself proteins and complex carbs on a yucky stomach, it was fun!

Other news from the day:

Baby Love likes Chipotle. We've been avoiding any eating out (Thirty dollars NOT spent at restaurants is thirty dollars saved for carpet in a new house!) until tonight. We went to 5:30 Mass and by the end I felt like barf. Even Chipotle sounded gross, but anything is better than cooking. Everyone else had McDonalds, and now we're the proud owners of four talking Pinocchio toys ("I'll NEVER be a real boy!!!") I dislike Pinocchio. It's a depressing and bizarre story. Can't McDonald's give out those dandy plastic "watches" I had a hundred of in the seventies?

This afternoon, Joe and I attended the First Communion Mass of his friend Zoe. Therefore, I went to Mass twice today. I should be glowing with holiness. A little extra contact with both Jesus and Ronald McDonald on a given day should set me up for some odd assortment of benefits, no?

2 comments:

Las Vegas Mama said...

LOL funny post :) I really admire your strength. I'm not expecting and I can't run a half of a 5k much less 2 in a month. You wake up at 5am, run a 5k, and then you go to Mass twice in one day after that?? Gosh...the Lord has blessed you abundantly with energy and strength!! Very awesome! :)

littlecbsmom said...

Wow...I too am highly impressed! You have so many more excuses than me and still get so much more accomplished;) Way to go friend!