Wednesday, August 27, 2008

New Mug

I'm going to tell you a true story. The title could be: "A Snippet of My Summer Vacation". Take notice how many parts of the story reveal that I am just NOT as sophisticated as I wish I was.

We headed for our family adventure in rural Idaho to celebrate the last week of summer vacation. Somewhere in Utah, we pulled into a truck stop to let our passel of children go pee. It was Love's truck stop, and, since I was staying in the van to nurse the baby I called out to my husband, "Buy a souvenir cup since it'll have our last name on it!"

This...

...is what he came out with.

It is enormous. It is insulated. It is tacky. (It works darn well. You fill that sucker with ice and water and half a day later it's still cold enough to crack your teeth.) Husband carried that thing with pride into my brother's lovely, tasteful home in upstanding Rexburg Idaho. I think it brought his property value down. You should have seen us passing it around to the kids in the van so they could each get a drink on the road. It's larger than our 3 year-old's entire torso, so it was quite comical to watch her gripping the thing in her carseat.

We came home and resumed our normal lives. The only hitch was I had to find a storage place for our new 970-ounce beverage container. It takes up half a shelf in the pantry. This past Saturday, husband filled it up and toted it to the community pool. Then our five year-old accidentally left it, and we didn't discover the oversight until we had loaded up the van. Husband was driving so --- I had to go back into the pool and pick up the forgotten "mug" myself and be seen in public carrying it.

5 comments:

heather said...

Hilarious!

Rachel said...

We always seem to stop at Love's when we're on our many trips, and we ALWAYS think of you guys. Too bad I never thought to bring you a souvenir!

Laura said...

Road warrior extreme huh? I'm laughing soooo hard I think I might pee my pants.....Teri, be sure to let Kevin know I love his sytle!

Janice said...

I'm so glad you are blogging again. You always bring a smile to my day! Nice mug, just goes to show what a guy will pick out!:0)

Baby-Mama Runner said...

WE have a Love's truck stop between here and San Antonio. I have often thought about getting you some piece of Love's paraphanalia but the truly great truck stop is just a few miles further down the rad. If only your name was Bucky.....