Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Public Statement

In an unexpected and impulsive move, I deleted my entire "My Column" blog a couple weeks ago. "I got tired of it," I told my husband. This was not entirely true (see the definition of "impulsive"). In reality, I was just tired of it that day and it seemed like a good, solid idea to erase the whole thing and maybe use the time I was spending on blogging to work against global warming, clean my toilets, play Hi-Ho! Cherry-O with my kids or do some sit-ups. But now some time has passed and I miss telling my devoted readers what I'm thinking every day. So here I am, back again - with a new resolution - I will "be myself". This means I will likely be a little over-analytical, critical, dramatic, pretty, middle-class, Christian, braggy, narrow-minded and intelligent. But I will be free to post whatever I dang well please and not worry that I don't measure up to other bloggers who shall remain nameless but seem to have really cool lives while I'm just sitting here typing on my computer and avoiding something.

To all my friends (Magan, Janice, Kim, Rachel, & Karen) who wrote and asked what I did with my blog - I adore you. To Laura, who just became a stay-at-home-mom and decided to take up blogging - you inspired me to come back! Kisses to everyone! And to all a good night.

14 comments:

Muddlin' Mother said...

You are hilarious. So glad to have you back so I can have 'coffee' with you. I start my day with you guys (ahehm,. so glad Mom23pks posted something,...).It clears the cobwebs. And it is so much more fulfilling than cleaning a toilet, which just get dirty again anyway. Sleep deprivation? Yay! I'm not alone!

Laura said...

I love it, I'm already laughing, shoot I wish I lived closer to you....you could bring some much needed humor into my life, but I guess I'll keep up with you thru this blog for now.

Vicki said...

Welcome back friend! You have been missed by your multitudes - I love the title! Now if I could just get my own tushie in gear & knock a few new posts out on my blog...there's just too many other great blogs to read first!!

heathorock said...

glad you're back!!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're back

Home Sweet Home said...

Yeah. I am glad you are back and was pretty sure it wouldn't take you long to return!

Home Sweet Home said...

Ooops. Forgot to mention how pretty you look in your picture!

Laura said...

what is the non-fiction Catholic housewife you speak of in "free items"?

heather said...

Teri, Laura gave me your new blog info. I always enjoy hearing about you from her....now I will have my own inside peek into your life! I do miss you and I, too, wish you lived closer!

Unknown said...

Heather & Laura, I'm SO excited you're blogging - it's one of the reasons I decided to start up again - I have faith you'll post often so I have something to read!!!

Otherwise, I am so flattered by nice comments - and 9 of them!!! This is like when Cher kept "retiring" then having "comeback concerts". And Barbra Streisand! Yep, I liken my blogging to the famous careers of iconic singers. Wow, some nerve I have!

heather said...

once again...hilarious! I am honored to be on your blog list--check out mine!

Rachel said...

I missed your witticisms, I'm so glad you're back. Over-analyze away!

Sparky said...

Thanks for calling me out to do more than just read your blog...glad it's back! I'll try to remember to chime in despite school, work, etc. And when I have insomnia, which is often enough, I'll pray the mommies out there sleep well that night on my behalf :)

K. said...

I go on vacation and you disappear! Glad to have found you again :)