Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday with my new friends

For over three weeks now, we've had some guests in our house, a sweet little colony of fire ants.

My buddy Zack, the semi-inept bug guy has been out four times free of charge to try to "remove" them from my kitchen, but to no avail.

This morning was the first morning in 23 days that I didn't see any of the creatures poking around my kitchen windowsill. I breathed a sigh of relief and wondered if maybe they were keeping the Sabbath holy and had stayed in their hill with their family or maybe ventured to church. Nope. By lunchtime, I spotted a few looking forlorn since all the dishes were done and there were no crumbs out to lure them.



Well, happy Sunday, little suckers. I'll take a break from squashing your family members today in honor of the Lord's day. If you'd quit biting me, maybe we could even be friends.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

We occasional ant flare-ups when we lived in Vegas, our bug guy told us there's a subterranean ant colony under Vegas that stretches all the way to Southern California. That was Environmental Pest Control, and they did a great job for us. Also, Mountain View Pest Control is Adam's brother's company, we switched to him just before we moved and he did a great job, too.

Muddlin' Mother said...

I don't know anything about Vega ants, and Rachel's comment absolutely freaks me out (I see a new movie being penned,..) but we have had ants here in the house and it takes FOREVER to get rid of them. Ack.