Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Highlights

The kids:


We had Silver Mist, the water fairy from Tinker Bell (in case like me, you didn't know); Minnie Mouse; a puppy; and a skeleton. The skeleton mask was a little on the scary side for little siblings and friends who trick-or-treated with us, but it didn't last long anyway due to comfort issues. I thought it was a perfect costume since saints are often depicted with skulls as a reminder of our mortality! John's costume was complete with a dog bowl that Kevin bought at Target last-minute. You shoulda heard all the compliments he got on cuteness when he held up his little dog dish to get candy.

This year's jack o' lanterns:


And other stats:
total trick-or-treaters in our group - 20
# of Catholic costumes (counting the skeleton) - 3 (we had a monk and Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton)
# of toasted pumpkin seeds - 744
# of 100 Grand bars I ate post trick-or-treating - just 2!

2 comments:

littlecbsmom said...

Everyone looks great! I can't believe how big everyone is getting! Love all the costumes and the pumpkins look fantastic. Ok, now I feel guilty for not carving this year!

I love the dog bowl idea, to cute!

heathorock said...

I'm impressed with how little candy you ate, the pumpkins, and how cute and big your kiddos are!