Monday, September 1, 2008

September Dawns

If it sounds like I'm trying to be a tad poetic, I am. Looking at my good friend's new homeschool blog, complete with soft photo and poetry, I'm feeling breezy. (Okay, now to break out of that mode for a moment: I'm recalling the episode of friends where Monica leaves psycho messages on Richard's answering machine but tries to play it off saying, "I'm breezy!")

But here I am, another new month on the horizon. It's a birthday month in our family, as well as the month in Las Vegas that marks the beginning of more cool evenings and eventually days. Both of these are fun prospects.

I've had a satisfying day. I've been organizing and throwing things out. These activities recharge my batteries like little else. Since I'm a list freak, I'll consider some "to-dos" for September and come back in 30 days to see what I completed.

Finish removing wallpaper border in guest room

Watch "Into the Wild" directed by my fave Sean Penn

Form my opinion on new Republican vice-Presidential candidate

Lose 4 pounds

Start removing wallpaper border in master bath

Plan and throw 1st birthday party for John

4 comments:

Laura said...

I love your to-do list, I think I feel inspired to try to create my own.

heather said...

Teri, Have you heard of www.listplanit.com? I am addicted to lists! They bring order to my crazy life. And I'm sure you know that feeling when you cross an item off your list....ahhhh!

Unknown said...

Heather, I've never heard of that. I'll have to go check it out. And, yes - that is a good feeling to cross things off! The best!

Rachel said...

I agree with your sentiments about the temperature. Not to brag, but the extended monsoon season we've been enjoying here in New Mexico has temperatures in the seventies and eighties a lot of the time. It's HEAVENLY!