Friday, July 3, 2009

There is a T-Rex on my piano.


It has been a day of accomplishment. In list form:

1) I ran. And didn't hate it this time. Had a lot to do with The Goo Goo Dolls, "Iris" and the lines:

And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything seems like the movies
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive


Not that those words made a major contribution to my outlook, just that when I realized I was enjoying the run --- that's the song that was on.

2) I painted my toenails. This, in my life nowadays, is a feat! (Get it? A feat!!! HA HA HA HA HA!) When I can actually find the time to give myself a pedicure, it doesn't matter if the whole rest of the day goes in the crapper, I've completed something big - and something that will last for a couple weeks!

3) Did some laundry. This is not exceptional. It's as much a part of my everyday as breathing. If only it was as involuntary.

4) Grocery shopped (along with everyone else and their uncle) for fourth of July food. Kevin was installing a new R.O. faucet (John snapped the old one clean off) so I took John with me to the overcrowded grocery-mart (to keep him from "interfering" in Kevin's work). Please take a moment and picture me leaving the store pulling the cart loaded down with piles of holiday junk food, two twenty-pound bags of ice, and a seventeen-dollar kiddie pool which was MUCH too large to cram in the mini van but I managed quite deftly.

5) Observed Kevin and Joe putting together the replica of a T-Rex skeleton. Had I known it was destined to adorn the top of my piano, in the living room, I might not have watched so nonchalantly.

6) Shopped Aaron Brothers "Buy One Frame Get the Second for a Penny" sale. Re-framed my four "sleeping newborn" photos and had Kevin hang them up.

7) While he had the toolbox out, he also hung the new guest room curtain rod and curtain AND the now three-month-old photo of Joseph on the day of his Baptism, First Communion, and Confirmation.

8) Made dinner, ate dinner, packed 11 snack bags for kids, and tromped across the street for our ongoing Vatican II study group.

9) Am blogging while Kevin works on the desk for the office/study/homeschool room.

10) Ready to go "examine my conscience" for Confession tomorrow...

1 comment:

Blah Blah Layla said...

what a fun day! running, pedicure, laundry, and grocery shopping are on my to do list for today too! though i don't think a T-Rexs will make a debut in my living room anytime soon~ :) Happy 4th of July!