Friday, July 31, 2009

It's the real 31st

Yesterday when I blogged I thought it was the last day of the month but I was one day premature. Now it's the real end of the month.

Next week is also the real end of Joe's 2nd grade year and Cayna's Kindergarten. I always get a little sad and a LOT nostalgic about endings. This time is no different, but the beginnings ahead are more than a little exciting.

So bring it on, August! We're going to have a month off of school. Time to "unlearn" our old routine and get ready to welcome the new.

I got my hair cut today, and while I waited for my appointment, I read some of the January issue of Real Simple magazine, which I love (but to keep my life real simple, I do not subscribe to). As I've enjoyed doing, people made lists of things they would NOT do in the new year. I'll end with my new month list of things NOT to do in August.

I won't fret that our family won't be vacationing this month. I won't miss the opportunity to enjoy time to just be and to enjoy things closer to home.

I won't put off trying to get this article published.

I will not think about things that don't fall into the categories of true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, gracious, excellent, or praiseworthy. (I love Philippians.)

2 comments:

Laura said...

So excited for you, happy August! I can't wait to hear about homeschooling once you start.

Rachel said...

I love what you said about not subscribing to the Real Simple magazine. About once a year I buy an issue of Martha Stewart Living, and Adam says "Why don't you just get a subscription?" And I tell him it would make me crazy if it came every month. Last year, in fact, I did cross over to the dark side and subscribe, but happily, we were out of town for three months, and the post office kept messing up our meal, so I think I only saw about three of the magazines.