1. Only 2 months and 2 days until 11-11
2. I remember 28 years ago today. I was in 6th grade and our teacher told us it was "square root day" - 9-9-81.
3. Good movie quote with nine in it: David Spade to Chris Farley in "Tommy Boy", "Did I catch a 'niner' in there?" (Anyone but me like this movie?)
4. My nine favorite words for today: squash, malady, addled, trite, perpendicular, quasi, truncate, episode, and asinine.
5. Nine things I'm waiting for: our caterpillars to arrive; next week's shrink appointment; cooler weather; a decision about our Winter vacation; a good book to read; the (live) scorpion on top of my refrigerator (in a jar) to be identified; a race to run; dinner to make itself; the desire to paint again.
6. A memory from when I was nine years old: being best friends with Stephanie and ditching P.E. together, except on swimming days.
7. Where I want to be in nine years: Home from delivering Joseph to college!
8. Nine items on my grocery list (for this evening): salad, onion, bread, feta cheese, fruit, steak, Spaghettios, sweet potatoes, au jus mix.
9. The ninth disciple named in Matthew 10: James the son of Alphaeus.