Tuesday, December 14, 2010

11 Classics for 2011

Here is my reading list for 2011. Anyone want to join me in reading any of these? If you come to my house to discuss any of them afterwards, I will provide wine and finger foods! Or beer and pizza. Or water and a veggie tray. I just love company. I admit it's an ambitious list, but I think I can do it.

1) Don Quixote - Cervantes - I'm reading a translation... I'm not THAT hard-core

2) The Hunchback of Notre Dame - Victor Hugo

3) Something of Aquinas', I just don't know what yet, but I'm not brave enough to tackle the Summa

4) Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen

5) Confessions - Augustine

6) Wuthering Heights - Bronte

7) The Divine Comedy (Inferno, Purgatory, Paradise) - Dante

8) Robinson Crusoe - Defoe

9) Great Expectations - Charles Dickens

10) The Iliad and The Odyssey - Homer

11) Collected Speeches - Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'd love to hear others' thoughts on any of these...
Post a Comment