Thursday, May 14, 2009

For the record,

I finished Les Miserables today.

Cried through the last three pages. So that must mean something. But, truth be told, I've never skimmed through so much of a book. Jean Valjean's story was worth reading, and the only reason I didn't give up. Plus, I had to see if all the "tangents" came together somehow in the end. They didn't. (At least for me, they didn't. If I strain myself, I can see the big picture Hugo was trying to paint.) But I enjoyed the main story. And now I have more reason to see the musical.

2 comments:

littlecbsmom said...

Good for you! Wow, I can't remember the last time a book made me cry! I'm so glad you finished it, quite an accomplishment!

Blah Blah Layla said...

Congrats on the accomplishment! Though, I am sad the tangents didn't come together in the end! I am considering the abridged version to save me the decision making of what to skim... but then again I like a good challenge! We'll see.