Friday, May 8, 2009

We're In!

Holy Toledo! (Despite the fact that I have little connection to Ohio - this is a very satisfying expression.)

I received a letter today that began with the following:

Welcome to Mother of Divine Grace School! I am pleased to inform you that your family has been officially accepted for the 2009-2010 year.


So... it's official. We're homeschooling. And we're doing it with the help of Mother of Divine Grace School, website here. So my kids' curriculum will be Classical; Catholic; Filtered through me (!); organized with the help of an on-call consultant; tailored to their abilities with the help of personal assessments; and taught at home. Holy Toledo again! Recently, I shared some anxiety as the application date got closer. Today I'm excited. This really feels like the beginning of an adventure. True, an adventure with some nerve-wracking possibilities (maybe like spelunking or hanggliding... or - name your extreme sport here...) - but wonderful, exhilarating, daring, and fun too.

2 comments:

littlecbsmom said...

Wow! I am SO excited for you! It looks like a great program and I know you will enjoy this new adventure and thril coming up! I am anxious to keep reading and see how it goes!

Yippee!!!

Beth said...

Unlike Suzie I have not looked at your link yet but I'm so glad you're in! Now we can encourage each other on this adventure called home school.