Saturday, February 20, 2010

Voila! Running Partners!

Remember I told you about my two walking partners?

Now we have a new neighbor, and we invited her to walk with us. She accepted. So I got the guts to try to take the four of us to the next level. I went to Cool Running's website and printed out three copies of the Couch-to-5K running plan that got me running again in 2005. At the end of our walk recently, I prepared a formal presentation on the street corner and pitched the idea that we train together for a 5K, handing them the program. They went for it! So in the coming weeks, I'm training for a 10K and a 5K at the same time. The more miles, the merrier, right?

I can't wait to see how this goes. It's pretty exciting to bring people along to something that has been so good for me. I hope they all stick with it and have a good time and enjoy being cheered for at a finish line in a couple months. Every one deserves to be cheered for!

No comments: