Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"Smell like a Man, Man."

Q: What is your experience with Old Spice?

A: Well, my high-school boyfriend, Jay, was an avid wearer. And I thought he smelled wonderful. I didn't credit the Old Spice, of course, I thought it was his natural aroma. (How sad and clueless a smitten high school girl can be.) My evidence was that my Uncle Don used the same brand and he certainly didn't smell good like Jay. Years later, my husband-to-be, Kevin, informed me never to buy Old Spice because his first step-dad wore it and he didn't have nice feelings for his first step-dad. Honestly, it's a good thing: I'm sure it wouldn't have been beneficial to conjure up the old boyfriend scent on the new husband.


Q: So why are we bringing this up now?

A: Old Spice has the funniest commercials in the history of the universe. You can view any of them on their website here. Prepare to laugh out loud and a LOT. Particularly the two labeled NEW on the site. We saw both of them on TV last night and I thought I was going to convulse and fall off the couch.

If you simply refuse to follow this link for the mirth of your day, at least relish this funny quote: "We're not saying this body wash will make your man smell into a romantic millionaire jet fighter pilot, but we are insinuating it."

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Every time I hear that guy on the horse talk I think he sounds like the guy in Princess Bride!

I think the Arm vs. Arm is the funniest ever - sucking it up with a dustbuster - hahahhaha. The Kiss one is pretty funny too.

Baby-Mama Runner said...

Those are a riot! Love it!

littlecbsmom said...

Wow, I have never seen those before...they are hysterical! Thanks for the chuckle, I needed it today!

I'm thinking of getting some for Bryan....??mmmmm?

Las Vegas Mama said...

I totally LOVE the old spice commercials!! I could not stop watching and laughing the "I'm on a horse" part!! I also love how the website says that women should smell like butterflies and saltwater taffy, and men should smell like jetfighters and punching!! LOL!