Saturday, June 5, 2010

How about it, science?

Honestly, if you've never experienced Jack Handey, you might be missing some laughter in your life. He's on my list of funniest writers in the universe. Here's one of his "Deep Thoughts":
I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then, after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?


Yesterday, when a load of laundry of mine had been sitting in the washer for, let's say, about 24 hours - I was wishing science could come up with a washing machine that wouldn't mildew no matter HOW long a housewife left a completed load inside. Thank God for the rinse button. I use that little guy nearly every day (or every other day, when I'm culturing the mildew).

Are you following me? I can see how the transition from a giant rideable shrimp to my hopes for a miracle washer is kind of a rough one. But it's Saturday, so my mind is in free association mode since my parenting is getting a break with my husband home.

The mopping did get done yesterday, by the way. But not by me. I did all the vast prep work, but Kevin saved the day and did the actual mopping while I was out on a walk (not run - sheesh it was hot) with the girls (friends, not daughters). I love that man. Still had a tantrum when we returned from Target this morning and my two year-old trailed popcorn from the garage clear through to the kitchen. Lest you think I'm blessed with a great husband AND emotional maturity. One out of two ain't bad, though.

No comments: