Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Bowl of Cherries

I love summer fruit. Cherries near the top of the list. Here's a photo from a short while back of my first bowl-full home from the store.



I don't know who originated the expression "Life is a Bowl of Cherries", but Erma Bombeck wrote a book called If Life is a Bowl of Cherries, What Am I Doing in the Pits? If you're a housewife in 2010 and have any interest in the evolution of our vocation, you really should read Erma Bombeck. Plus, you'll laugh a lot. I can't help but think of Erma when I serve up a bowl of cherries.

Right now, my "cherries" are my family; our upcoming move; friends visiting from Hanford; a clean house (thanks to friends visiting from Hanford - that was my motivation!); and summer fruit. My "pits" are stupid miscarriage; summer heat; and the fact that I already packed all my Erma Bombeck books. Otherwise I think I'd take one out right now and read it. I could use a laugh or two.

3 comments:

littlecbsmom said...

Just catching up on your blog...

I'm so sorry for your loss and I love the names that you chose and what a beautiful thing to do! I hope you are healing more and more each day!

Congratulations on the house, that is such exciting news! Can't wait to see pictures and hear all the moving posts!

Take care! Love, Suzie

Beth said...

Cayna looks beautiful with her seven braids. I'm so glad for you that things are moving forward with the house. I am beginning to like cherries more and more they were never my favorite but now I can enjoy them even if you have to take out those staining pits. The names you chose are beautiful. If you are willing to share I'd love to know what all of your precious babies have been named. I am so sorry for the pain and heartache you have been going through. And yet a 12 anniversary...congratulations!! Hope each day gets better. Like Suzie, I am looking forward to more posts and pictures of your new house.

heather said...

Teri, I am bummed about your pits....especially the sad news of your miscarriage. I am so sorry. Thanks for keeping up on your blog and giving me a way to keep up on your life.