Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Bowl of Cherries

I love summer fruit. Cherries near the top of the list. Here's a photo from a short while back of my first bowl-full home from the store.



I don't know who originated the expression "Life is a Bowl of Cherries", but Erma Bombeck wrote a book called If Life is a Bowl of Cherries, What Am I Doing in the Pits? If you're a housewife in 2010 and have any interest in the evolution of our vocation, you really should read Erma Bombeck. Plus, you'll laugh a lot. I can't help but think of Erma when I serve up a bowl of cherries.

Right now, my "cherries" are my family; our upcoming move; friends visiting from Hanford; a clean house (thanks to friends visiting from Hanford - that was my motivation!); and summer fruit. My "pits" are stupid miscarriage; summer heat; and the fact that I already packed all my Erma Bombeck books. Otherwise I think I'd take one out right now and read it. I could use a laugh or two.
Post a Comment