Thursday, October 21, 2010

Well, THAT'S a relief!


Did you hear the news? Sun Chips is discontinuing their compostable bags. Good move, Sun Chips! We bought a bag and it drove us nutso. I think it's actually funny that they're going to quit making them and try something "quieter". Or maybe it's funny that they tried them in the first place. Don't they test-market this stuff?

Then again, who eats chips in a movie theater? Or a library? Honestly, though, those things crinkle and rustle at the slightest touch. No matter where you are.

Supposedly the new version will still be "green" (compostable). Think this through carefully, Sun Chips! We don't want to exchange noisy bags for, say, odoriferous ones.



Other tidbits I got from my brief and frightened foray into the news this morning:

1) Toyota is recalling more vehicles. Perhaps a Honda employee was sent over as a spy to Toyota to throw a whole bunch of wrenches into their works.

2) Some salad brand might have glass shards in their bags. Seriously? How the heck does THAT happen? And why do they say might? Seems that's the kind of news you wouldn't screw around with.

3) Jon Stewart and his edgy gathering in D.C. is having some potty disputes with the Marine Corps Marathon.

4) Deanna Favre will "get through this" with her faith. Still don't know what Brett Favre did, and I don't want to.

This is why I avoid the news. It's a novelty to me, and only a novelty. It certainly isn't helpful or necessary. Even the more "important" stuff is slanted and error-ridden and blah blah blah blah blah. I'll spare you by cutting myself off right there. It's just a novelty. You know, like plastic barf. That's what I think of when I think of "novelty" - cheapy, cheezy, and only available in stores you really shouldn't patronize anyway - see? there are significant parallels between news and novelty.... (okay, I said I'd quit talking).

1 comment:

Blah Blah Layla said...

your blog is waaaay better than reading the news... funnier too! if i'm ever itching for a really weird dream, i watch the 10pm news and then head to bed... though i must say i do like the bbc, but only on air...and really only for the accents. i wish it weren't so- but there you go. =)