Thursday, October 30, 2008

Day Before Candy


It is nearly three o'clock and what a day it has been. I sit here eating Trader Joe's yummy microwave popcorn while my two girls are jumping on the trampoline in the leaves. Yes, even in Las Vegas we have one tree that turns gorgeous shades of deep red and yellow and drops leaves on the trampoline. So my Western girls get to jump in leaves, just not in the traditional way.

I could really talk up the idyllic scene I've got going here, but the truth is I was a raving lunatic just hours ago in the throes of a crazy shopping trip trying to find ruby red slippers for Cayna's Dorothy costume. It was lunacy because the search has spanned about two weeks and ninety-five stores. I was ready to spray-paint her school shoes, but Payless finally produced and now we are all happily "back in Kansas," shall we say?

So... after hot-gluing various pieces of Bethanie's butterfly get-up, finding the red shoes, purchasing the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, and borrowing the penguin for John - we're ready to go!!! Wait, not really - I still have to buy, gut, and carve some pumpkins and pick up some candy. Perhaps that will happen on the way home from the little get-together I'm going to tonight. Wanna know what it's for? My husband keeps making fun of it - it's a company that makes those vinyl letters to stick on your wall in various phrases as a decoration. Kevin's quote about this: "We could get Bethanie to do the same thing for free."

Anyway... tomorrow I will post pictures of my adorable Trick-or-Treaters and let you know how I'm doing resisting the candy.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I've decided....Halloween is way to much work for us mothers!!! The costumes, candy, parties, carving, etc. are making me crazy!

heather said...

I second that!

Rachel said...

You're a good mom. I got out of all the costume craziness this year b/c my mom made them all. Yay for Grandmas who sew!