Saturday, October 11, 2008

It's Windy Outside

From the time I started spending my own money on hairspray,
I was mad at the wind.

It would blow and gust and dust.
Assaulting and tiring.
Infuriating.

Now I have a daughter.
Unaccusing. Five years old.
She sees all things differently.
My list of culprits-
Is her list of friends:
Being tickled,
Messes,
Waking up early,
Non-matching clothes,
and wind.

I saw her pause to linger longer in the breeze,
To feel it touch her skin-
And move her hair.
It made her smile,
And her eyes changed (I believe I witnessed her first consideration of the wonder of the weather.)

I think I might like her opinion of things better than mine.

5 comments:

Baby-Mama Runner said...

That's awesome Teri! When are you going to be published!!!

heather said...

Loved it!!!!

Muddlin' Mother said...

Yes, I agree!

littlecbsmom said...

Wow, she looks so grown up! I love reading your blog! I agree, when are you to be published????

Laura said...

Oh if we could all just be a little more child-like??? They can teach us so much, huh?