Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Day two

I don't intend to turn my blog into a chronicle of my eating issues, but they are big on my mind right now. I just made it through day two, and it was challenging. I was ravenously hungry at least twice and managed not to binge. This might not have ended so well if I had more groceries in my house, but I'll take the grace where I can get it.

Lest you think that all I think about is eating (or NOT eating), here are some one-sentence blurbs about the rest of my day:

We had our last book group tonight, having finished "Life-Giving Love", a book about the Catholic Church's teaching on marriage, family, contraception, and etcetera.

A family we barely know (but dearly love - figure that out!) is coming for dinner on Saturday --- four days away and I'm already nervous.

Baby boy has been sleeping through the night --- I plan to throw a party and everyone I've ever known is invited.

My house is a freaking mess and it stresses me out. Please may the housekeeping fairies appear tonight and make the messes, the unfinished chores, and the various stenches go away.

2 comments:

Muddlin' Mother said...

Yay! Good for you! I know what you mean - my pants aren't any looser than when the baby was 2 months old. I have to stop denying that I can no longer eat like an 8 year old. I am and adult now, a MATURE adult (meaning olderrrr) and I have to eat accordingly. Grrr.

As for the house - I know what you mean. Doesn't it just give you a sense of peace to have the clutter gone, the floor mopped, the dust swiped away? The toothpaste swiped off the mirrors? It's impossible to keep up with lots of kids, though, so give yourself a great big break. I get into the problem of not being able to go out and play because there is vaccuuming, laundry, a meal to take care of. Kids first! My mom had a needlepoint that said: 'Cobwebs be quiet, Dust go to sleep, I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep'. I think of that all the time.

Laura said...

Teri, can you send the fairies to my house after they're done with yours???