Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Beautiful, beautiful rainy day

And we went out in it. To do errands. The combination of errands and rainy day might make some people near-suicidal but we actually enjoyed it. Don't get me wrong, I at first tried to get the kids to go to either one of two neighbors, but it didn't work out. And now I'm actually glad. My children were freakishly good. In line at one stop, there was a school bus driver observing my children and she said something to the effect of: "They're freakishly good!" She observed they must be on track break and Joe told me later he almost told her they were homeschooled but didn't.

In other news, Moms' Group is going great and in our first meeting of the year we had a whole slew of new women!

This weekend we will be hosting the National Evangelization Team while they lead retreats at our church.

Friday is a "field trip" to see some religious sisters from the Carmelites coming for the weekend from So Cal.

I'm reading a weeeeeeeeeeeeird book. Born to Run. It's bizarro. I'm only a few chapters in, so I can't wait to see where this thing is headed. I'm glad I know a wonderful someone in Georgia who has read it so I can discuss it with her when I finish.

Still awaiting the arrival of Potatoes Not Prozac in the mail. Come on, USPS!

It's weird, I admit, that I remember this - but today would have been the 41st birthday of good ol' Jay, my high school/early college boyfriend. Except that he was fatally electrocuted outside the dorms at UNLV in 1996. How's that for wacky? Now go have a nice day!

No comments: