Sunday, April 11, 2010

More books for a good cause

I am in love with books.

My mom invited us to a used book sale put on in our diocese and Joe and I went today. It was held at St. Viator's and all proceeds went to Rachel's Vineyard, which is an organization that puts on weekend retreats for those dealing with the pain of abortion.

I brought home quite a pile of books, and was happy to give the cash to such an important ministry. Dig these titles:

The Red Pony, by John Steinbeck
Old Yeller, by Fred Gipson
The Oxford Book of American Verse, copyright 1950 (I've been wanting more good poetry books)
The Last of the Mohicans, by James Fenimore Cooper
The Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, by Daniel Defoe
The New Year, by Pearl S. Buck
Of True Religion, by St. Augustine
Two volumes of American Wit and Humor, copyright 1907
The Seven Storey Mountain, by Thomas Merton
Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott
The Library of Piano Classics (for Joe & Cayna & future piano players in our family)
Norman Rockwell, by Karal Ann Marling (a coffee table book I got for five bucks but would have paid more for since I admire Norman Rockwell)

No comments: