Tuesday, April 20, 2010

One door shut


Early today our landlord wrote us back and said it would be impossible to sell this house to us. A closed door, after almost three years of being partially open, and six months of seeming wide open.

I cried, and Joe cried, and you're all going to think this is pathetic, but the house we're hoping for now is only around the corner. A short walk, barely out of view. But still, the dynamic we have enjoyed here is about to change, even though minimally. Plus I think it was extra emotional to have that long-open door shut in our faces for sure.

This afternoon the realtor comes with the offer paperwork in-hand.

A little talk on statistics:
Since our wedding, Kevin and I and our growing family have lived in seven homes. The longest we've stayed anywhere is 2 years, 9 months -- and that was Yucaipa. As of TODAY, we've lived in this house exactly 2 years, 9 months. Depending on whether our offer is accepted and how long escrow goes, we might make the three-year mark (though I hope not!). You never know how life will change, but for now we plan to stay in Vegas long-term and this will be the first time for us to buy a house with that in mind. So this next house could break the record!

I'm looking forward to seeing what door opens for us now.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Sorry to hear it didn't work out with the home you're in. Bummer :( I hope it works out for you all to stay in the neighborhood!

littlecbsmom said...

I'm sorry to hear about that too..I'm sad and happy after reading your message. Sad that you have to leave, but happy that you have one you like right around the corner! Good luck on the offer, I can't wait to hear!