Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy Birthday, James

Today is my brother's 37th birthday.

We didn't talk today, but we did leave voice mail. Good thing he'll be here in less than two weeks.

I can vividly remember him in Winnie the Pooh pajamas walking around the house making me laugh. Now he walks around his own house making his wife and four daughters laugh.

We visited him at his home in August and together spent a few days in a cabin on the Snake River. He would be ashamed at the poor quality of my photos because he is an expert photographer, but I'm posting them anyway since I'm thinking of him today.

This was taken moments after he fell in the river. He was trying to jump into the kayak. No joke. He's actually pretty intelligent. He's a college professor and everything. But they don't talk about launching kayaks in computer courses. Kevin is looking on. You just don't tell James how to do things.


Despite his lack of kayak-boarding prowess, I do trust him with my children. In a rowboat, that is... This photo is blurry and you can't even see his face but I love it because my kids are cracking up. I'm sure James was saying something hilarious or maybe even singing a funny song.


Happy Birthday, Brother. Hope you enjoyed your pumpkin pie.

1 comment:

littlecbsmom said...

We now have something else in common...I have a brother named James too. Not sure I would leave him with my kids, but he would probably try to jump in the kayak! Looks like it was a fun time together!