Saturday, November 8, 2008

Peace

My baby is over a year old now. I've reached those golden days for the fourth time when I get a good look around me, take a deep breath and realize, "Oh, YEAH... things ARE different when you're not seriously sleep-deprived and constantly nursing and lacking any control or predictability!"

So... it's amazing what jobs I've come up with that I'd like to tackle now that life has a little more shape again:

Finally finish tearing down ugly wallpaper borders

Finish sanding my rocking chair and prep it for painting

READ

Scrapbook

Select paint colors for a fantasy world where we buy this house & can liven up the walls

Check off jobs from the list of "big" chores I compiled


I was thinking it was the work that brought me peace, and to some extent it is. But I think it's just the fact that for now, for however long it lasts, I can breathe a little. And while John takes a reliable nap in the afternoon, I work in the yard in the sun with the rest of the family and feel the joy of a little more rest and a lot more ability to do something like prune a rosebush or re-orient stepping stones.
Post a Comment