Thursday, November 6, 2008

Michael Crichton died.

My only source of news is my husband. And if you know Kevin, you can imagine the odd variety of information that he deems important to share with me. (Take my previous post for example. You don't think I just found that out all on my own, do you?) But tonight, I gotta give him credit, he told me Michael Crichton died a few days ago. It was November 4th to be exact, and this article does the job if you want to hear a brief bit what he was about.

Jurassic Park was Crichton's. My favorite. The Yahoo article gave some interesting info about his motives, research, and personality. What I wouldn't give to have a reason to have lunch with a writer like that just once. I'd settle for eavesdropping on a conversation including him. I would have LOVED to have heard his case against global warming, not only for the information, but to witness his inclination to "provoke debate."

I truly admire the work this man did. Sad to hear he's gone.

No comments: