Wednesday, November 12, 2008

On My Rocker


Ten dollars at a garage sale. Going on one year in the shed. Stripped it with the wrong stuff (last winter) so I had to hand-sand the resulting goop off. Pain in my butt. It is now ready to paint. I'd love to stain it, but it just lacks natural beauty - or, you can surmise that my sanding was none too friendly to the grain of the wood. This ain't no masterpiece of craftsmanship, but ten bucks is ten bucks. So... the options for painting:

My idea: A light, grayish lavender to match either my room or the girls' room.

Cayna's idea: Blue on the top with white stars. Pink and white everywhere else except the seat which should be painted "like the seas and a river".

Vote!

3 comments:

Baby-Mama Runner said...

I'm with Cayna. I liek the heavens (stars) and the Earth (river) theme. It even harkens back to Genesis when the waters were divided. Didn't know your daughter was a theologian did you!

Laura said...

I'm wth you, but that does seem like the boring option, Cayna has a creative, wild side, huh?

Rachel said...

Cayna's faith in your artistic abilities is touching.