Saturday, November 1, 2008

My name in print!!!

Well, if I can't have my own newspaper column, I suppose the next best thing is being quoted and named in obscure articles here and there. (Although this writer probably wouldn't appreciate me calling his article "obscure".)

When we went to the dedication of the new Church in Yucaipa, I spent almost the entire service outside on the lawn with John "Squawker" Love and Bethanie "Squirmer" Love. This did not allow me to enjoy the dedication Mass, but it did put me in a prime place to be "interviewed" by a newspaper reporter. The reporter also interviewed our good friend Steve, who was on the same lawn with his children, Cheyenne "Squirmer" Cox and Sedona "Squawker" Cox. For whatever reason they did not quote Steve, and for this I am sad. Being quoted together in such an auspicious paper might have made up for a VERY long time spent on a VERY small patch of grass with four VERY active children.

Click here to see my name in an article written by someone other than me!

Please note the reporter's error. I do not have three children. I have FOUR. I made the trip with FOUR children. I have given birth to FOUR. No big deal, just lettin' ya know.

4 comments:

Baby-Mama Runner said...

Very cool! I would call the newspaper and request a correction about the number of kids though. It is important to get credit for all four of those. You might also ask them to clarify that you drove from Nevada with your FOUR children, who were all born at home and two of whom were over 11 pounds.

Unknown said...

I think I'll do that. All in the interest of journalistic integrity.

Muddlin' Mother said...

Very cool! Now the trip was definitely worth it!

Laura said...

you're famous! Good job for being in the right place (on the front lawn) at the right time (during mass)!!!