Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Learning my camera

I plan to become a fabulous photographer. But I have to read my camera owner's manual first. It's quite convenient that my brother is here, since he is a stellar photographer and has the equipment to match.

With some sit-down instruction time and a little practice, today I got a shot in low light using a feature I didn't understand 24 hours ago. It is difficult for me to work at things I'm not naturally good at. I don't like to try. But little by little I'm determined to figure this out and get over my handicaps when it comes to understanding technical things. That's why I'm posting this picture. Because like I said, someday I'll be a fabulous photographer, and I'll want proof for myself that when I started I was CLUELESS and very confused and doubtful that I could learn this.

There's plenty wrong with this photo, but the main thing is that it's plenty light enough, and I'm telling ya - it was downright dark in the room. Yay, camera! Yay, me!

1 comment:

Beth said...

How cute they are together. Good luck on figuring out the camera. I'm glad you have someone to help you.