Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas E-mail


I confess I LIKE those e-mails that ask questions. Today was the first Christmas-themed one I've received:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper. Gift bags aren't as fun. Too quickly opened.

2. Real tree or artificial? Real. And I disagree that cutting them down is selfish. People farm them and it's their livelihood. My cousin is one of them! That being said, they're also expensive so this year I'm glad we have our fake one. But I drive by the lots mournfully. Someday we'll do real again.

3. When do you put up the tree? As soon after Thanksgiving as possible.

4. When do you take the tree down? Now that I'm Catholic, not until after Epiphany.

5. Do you like eggnog? Oh, yes! I adore it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Dolls. All my wonderful dolls.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My mom.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Cayna.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. A kids' one that is well-loved through the season. I'd like a pretty one for outside someday.

10. Regular mail or e-mail Christmas Cards? Regular. But not this year, sadly.

11. Worst Christmas gift that you ever received? A shower cap from my nanny. And she KNEW I loved stuffed animals.

12. Favorite Christmas movie? Please don't kick me in the shins, but I have a big hankering to watch "Sleepless in Seattle". Also a HUGE fan of "Mixed Nuts" which everyone should see.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Oh, yes.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Haystacks are pretty yummy.

16. Lights on the tree? Freaky circus-ish colors - it's an obnoxious pre-lit tree we got on clearance at the hardware store in Yucaipa when our real tree dried to sticks. I really don't love our tree, but the kids do so I'm okay.

17. Favorite Christmas Song? "Carol of the Bells" has some sentimental value. Plus it's just pretty.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? HOME HOME HOME. It would take a bulldozer to get me away from home at Christmas.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? I can sing their names in the Rudolph song.

20. Angel on the treetop or a star? Star. I like the significance. Cayna would like an angel so that might be purchased soon.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Morning? One on Christmas Eve, and the rest on Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I love it all, even the stress.

23. What theme or color are you using to decorate? "House with four children". Thanks to the sweet little one year-old crazy boy, all the ornaments are on the top half of the tree only.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey again. Yum.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Clothes. Books. Furniture. Curtains. Airline vouchers. A book deal.

4 comments:

Baby-Mama Runner said...

Love this one. I will, I promise, answer those questions on my blog plus the ones you tagged me with when my finals are over! They will be up b the end of the day Thursday. That is my solemnest blogger pledge....

Christine said...

This looks like fun! I love learning about everyone's Christmas traditions.

littlecbsmom said...

I love the decorating theme...right up my alley!

Beth said...

I liked reading your answers. Maybe I can find a minute to fill it out too.