Friday, December 19, 2008

It really is a crazy story.

I went to the children's pageant at our church tonight. It was precious, and I don't use that word loosely. Yes, my children were beautiful and played their parts fantastically, but the most precious part was the story they were telling.

As I sat there looking at them all up on "stage", especially the girl wearing donkey ears (having carried Mary all the way to Bethlehem) - I thought, "What a crazy story." The whole thing. The baby Jesus. God becoming man. Mary and Joseph. The manger. The star. The wise men. It's crazy. I love it. I hope everyone enjoys the real story of Christmas in some form this year: children's pageants; choir performances; Bible reading; Christmas Eve services; whatever. Crazy stories are the best ones!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I was just thinking about that same thing the other day....how crazy the whole story is! Guess it goes to show how awesome and amazing our God is. And Mary, 9 months prego and riding on a donkey, man she has my respect!

littlecbsmom said...

Amen to that! Well said! I'm glad the performance went well!

Rachel said...

I'm just preparing to do a little impromptu acting out with the kids in primary tomorrow. You're right, if anyone had made up the story, it would never have stuck, too improbable and strange. I'm so glad I can tell my children that this is one story I really KNOW is real.