Saturday, September 13, 2008

Chubby Runner

I am just not serious about losing weight. Thin and healthy does not equal steak and ice cream. And I want the thin and healthy along with the steak and ice cream. I know, I've seen all the overweight people just in my world - and they all want thin and healthy along with steak and ice cream. But there can only be one winner and steak and ice cream win the contest a LOT.

Gross. The more I keep typing steak and ice cream, the worse it sounds. For the record, I like both but never on the same plate.

I went to WW yesterday and I'm down over a pound. But this is by some freak blip in the system since I have NOT been following the plan.

Every day I hope that some extra motivation will suddenly dawn in my heart and mind, but every day I keep opting for a spoonful of peanut butter over the value of getting to my goal weight. I refuse to remove my weight-loss "sidebar" over there no matter how grim and revealing it is.

In other fitness news, my issue of Runner's World just came, and I'll read it cover to cover as usual. I am reminded that I have no up-to-date running goal. My most recent one was to make it through the hot summer still running. I did! But now with Fall and cooler weather approaching, I'd really like to choose a 10K or maybe even a 1/2 marathon. But I can't get over the image of myself running with this extra weight. I'll cross the finish line and you'll see me with the names of my sponsors written in neon green across my running shirt: Ben & Jerry's; Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chips; Jif peanut butter; Omaha Steaks; Kellogg's Pop Tarts.

4 comments:

Muddlin' Mother said...

Oh, you go girl! I'm sure you look great! But I know what you mean, I'm googling 'beer lovers marathon training guide' and it's coming up with 0 selected. What's up? Maybe a niche market for me? I'll be right behind you with MY sponsors,.. Redhook Brewery,.. sigh,...Oh, and I don't get Runner's World, but every now and then I get Shape magazine and read it cover to cover trying to get motivated to use my freeweights and make those fat free brownies,.. whatever,...

heather said...

Teri, I feel your pain! I could have written that post myself...but of course, it would not have been so funny! I really, really, really want to lose 10 lbs. but I have discovered that saying "really, really, really" does not do the trick. I almost went to WW today but I decided to get the oil changed in my car instead!

Laura said...

You are so funny! If I spent any time at all thinking about what I looked like running I would probably die, give yourself a break and you should be proud of yourself for just getting out there and doing it. Okay, let's have a contest, you, me, Heather who ever loses 10 lbs first gets something cool, like the rights to blog about it or something. Oh the prize needs to be better than that.

Unknown said...

Thanks, guys.
I'm all for the 10-pound contest! But, yes, the prize needs to be phenomenal!!!