Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What Have I Done?

Here it is the last day of September, so I went back to look at my beginning-of-the-month to-do list. Uh-oh. I have a movie still to watch ("Into the Wild") and some serious wallpaper border removal to do. All in the next 13 hours. I bet I could do it all if it weren't for the fact that I also have to go do John's portrait re-takes, pick up my kids from school, grocery shop, take my second-grader to his friend's house, prep and serve two meals for my family and straighten a few things out around the house.

Good thing I pulled off John's birthday this month, simply.
Didn't lose 4 pounds. Not even close!
I'll give some good thought throughout the rest of my day to what I'd like to accomplish in October. Perhaps "breathe, blink, and let my heart beat" are enough.

4 comments:

Laura said...

What a great idea...I think I'm going to start doing that, writing a to-do list at the beginning of each month. Sometimes we are so hard on ourselves, there is so much to be done, and sometimes we just need to be. Here we come October!

heather said...

Breathe, blink, and let my heartbeat... sounds good! Don't make a to-do list, Laura. You will be sorry! It is just one more thing to feel guilty about. :-)

Laura said...

yeah, you're probably right.

Rachel said...

Into the Wild is a great movie, it provoked some good discussions. And if you need one more thing on your to do list, the book "Getting Things Done" by David Allen has changed my life, even though it's mostly geared towards business executives. I know the complexity and sheer quantity of what I have to do every day rivals the busiest CEO. But he really explains why to do lists fail and what to do instead.