Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday night tired

I have big plans to blog about topics like Croatia, the value in silence, and taking a walk around the block.

But I'm too tired. So my blog entry today is going to be a simple pledge, and I will leave my reason to your imagination.

I hereby pledge to NOT step foot inside the door of Peter Piper Pizza for AT LEAST one calendar year from this date: September 20, 2008. Furthermore, unless a relative or VERY close friend throws a party at Chuck E. Cheese's - I hereby pledge to avoid THAT rathole for AT LEAST another six months. Unless my cute kids really beg. Like really really beg.

P.S. It was a big day in the Love family for eating out. We're back on the envelope system with our budget, so eating out is rare, but we planned Peter Piper in advance and then my dad spontaneously took us to Red Robin for lunch. After lunch, he gave Cayna a nickel. I think this was supposed to make her feel better that he wasn't taking her to the airport with him and Joe. Then she ate the nickel. Then she cried her poor little head off in the Red Robin foyer. It was quite a day. I need to go to bed. Karen, I hope you sleep good tonight. Somebody really needs to!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I get so sick of disgusting pizza, would it be against the law to have a pizza place for kids that actually has tasty pizza??? Just a thought.

Rachel said...

There's not a strong enough word for how I detest those places. I always pledge NEVER again, and then my kids beg, and I hold strong, but then a year or so passes, and they beg again, and I think "How bad can it be?", so I go, and remember. So many, many levels of badness.

Muddlin' Mother said...

Oh but Chuck E. serves a pretty good salad bar. And beer. Did I mention beer?