Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Show

It's 7:00 PST. Only two hours til the season premiere of my favorite show. I'm so glad it's an hour long - I need a Jim & Pam fix. Also, will the new HR woman figure out that Kevin isn't "slow"? What consequences will there be for Dwight and Angela's activities? Will Michael make it to the childbirth classes? My satellite guide says the episode is about weight obsession, of all things!

The kids are in their jammies and are trooping across the street with us to zonk at the Mayers' until 10:00 when we'll carry them back here. Key Lime Bars for dessert! (Of course they're sugar free.) (Of course I'm lying.)

I don't follow too many TV shows these days, so I don't want to be let down!

I'll come back with my review following the viewing.

Okay... A GAS STATION??? Did anyone think that was romantic? I didn't. Not even because it was a gas station, but because of the timing. Now I'm all stressed. I'm afraid this is going to be one of those "I really did love you but that was when I was stuck as a receptionist with no assertiveness and no self-esteem and even though you are a great match for me and a wonderful man, it won't matter anymore because I'm finally in art school and figuring out who I am WITHOUT a relationship!" Ugh! I know a show has to have this romantic tension and all, but seriously--- I was kind of enjoying them together even without tension.

As for the other characters - I love Holly! I love her dorkiness. I think it was hilarious that Michael ripped up the concert tickets. That poor idiot...

Dwight and Angela... oh, my! And Andy, surely one of my top three favorite characters on there - didn't you love, "Just like every little boy, I always dreamed of my wedding day..." Every time he talks I have to cover my face with my hands.

Not a lot of the Jan plotline. Loved the moment that Holly figured out Kevin wasn't retarded.

Note to Amy Wilhite: Did you see Holly's nameplate on her desk? Her real name is Hollister. Now THERE'S a unique name!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I won't even say it's sad how much I've anticipated this TV show. Every time ABC advertises premiere week as "Stay at Home Week" it makes me want to vomit, but The Office rises above the level of a mere TV show. We watch our shows online, so I have to wait for Adam to come home... if I can hold out.

Amy said...

Hollister! Cool name. I hadn't noticed that.

re: the gas station. I thought wha? but in the IMs Jim said "the one where the soda exploded" or something like that, so it must have been a good thing.

"washboard a-a-a-a-b-s!"