Monday, September 22, 2008

John's First Birthday!

It has been a day spent snuggling my little guy, remembering his entry into the world one year ago, and marveling at how fast the year went. Also, I'm celebrating the completion of the first year, always the hardest for me, and looking forward to mothering this wonderful boy into toddlerhood.

Here are some photos!

I had to buy the hat, of course. Big brother and sisters were in on it, too. But John didn't appreciate our purchase. He still looked cute, despite his reluctance.





I made not one, not two, but three cakes. I'm pretty proud of the cute little tiny round layer cake. That was the "let's give him his own cake and watch him make a mess" cake.





John's expression reveals that, unlike his mother, he is not sure what to think of cake.





"Maybe if I touch it, I can figure out what it is."





"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Apparently, this is the most horrible thing we could have given the poor guy. Perhaps he has an aversion to blue food dye. That could serve him well, I suppose.





John and me, we're a team. We're celebrating the anniversary of his marvelous birth last September 22nd, and thanking God for his life.


Happy Birthday, John.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Poor John, with you guys forcing cake on him like that:) I'm sure there were plenty of takers for the cake he didn't want. He's precious, I can't believe it's been a year already.

Home Sweet Home said...

What a cutie! Thanks for sharing!!

heather said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love the screaming pic! If that isn't the life of a mom, I don't know what is!

Baby-Mama Runner said...

I love the day in pictures! What a cutie. Please let him know that I would be happy to help him deal with the mean ole nasty cake. I know just how to take care of that thingand he will NEVER see it again.

Laura said...

Happy Birthday John and Congrats Teri for getting thru the first year! I have to say, I'm with the kids on this one-the hat is adorable! Where can I get a girl version of that for Grace's b-day?

Rob said...

Happy day for John. Sorry we couldn't deliver (literally) a baby on the 22nd to share his birthday!