Thursday, September 11, 2008

RCIA - Hooray!


RCIA is the class you take to become Catholic. I was part of it in Yucaipa with some GREAT people (one of whom is married to one of my favorite bloggers) and that is where I watched ALL of my misconceptions about Catholicism fall apart. Then we moved and a year ago this month started RCIA "officially" at our new (and current) parish.

RCIA 2008-2009 just got started and now I'm attending as part of the team who coordinates it. I am LOVING it! I get to work with and know people who are coming to Jesus and his church and that is (and long has been) my favorite thing. Our first meeting evoked feelings in me that I recognized from wonderful years of involvement in college ministry. It is not necessarily fun to do the work and organizing needed to serve people in the church or in para-church work. But when an "event" comes together, it's a "high" of sorts. I love people. I love to meet them and hear where they're coming from and ESPECIALLY get bits of the story of how God is working in their lives. And to think I'll get to be sort of the audience for that as they grow, seek, question, grapple, and respond - I LOVE it! Thank you, God, for this opportunity.

2 comments:

Baby-Mama Runner said...

I just love knowing how happy you and your family are within the Catholic church. It speaks to God's Providence that when one desires a faith community as much as you did, God will put you in just the right one, even if it is the last thing you ever expected!!!!

Rachel said...

That really does sound like a blessing, and I know you'll be a blessing to the people you're serving.